Lord, it's just so hard to please everyone and to make everyone happy.
But you should be the only one that I please.
You're the only one that I should praise, the only one that I should love.
There's this big wall that I'm trying to build between myself and the world.
It's so hard to contain my feelings in a jar yet so easy for me to only leave myself with feelings of awe towards you, Lord.
And it's even harder when the world wants me to do this and that. To obtain the perfect career, job, occupation.
Lord, none of these I want, for I know You will create the perfect future for me.
Though I may struggle to complete my careers homework, I know that you have it all planned out for me, and I will not complain when you place it into my life.
But Lord, show me which path to walk, which path that would lead me to glorify You only, the path in which others can see Your light in me. The path that sets me apart from this world. And Lord, I know only You are capable of doing this. Though this is the life You've given me, even I can't do it, but You can, for You are almighty, for You are so powerful. You who conquered death. You are my Lord, and I will forever be your's.
I thank you for the many friends I have. The many friends that kept me laughing, crying, thinking, and accountable. I thank you for what You've provided for my family, for my friends, for this community 'cause Lord, You are a God that provides.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment