Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fear

Lord, I feel like I'm all alone. The only light in my school.
I'm scared, scared of being judged. Scared of losing those dear to my heart. Scared to see those fall away from you, those who reject you.

Yet you've said,

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters - yes, even his own life - he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26 (NIV)

How can I call myself your disciple if I love them more than you? Though Lord, you have called me to love those that are dear to me yet hate me, those who will judge me, hurt me, persecute me, I know you are with me.

"The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" - Psalm 118:6 (NIV)

They are far less stronger than you. What can man do to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment